Ok, this time the movies are going to be REALLY obscure. Some of which I'm pretty sure other than me, only Little Sister has seen. And I only know she's seen them because we watched at least one of them together like eleventy-hundred times the summer I turned nine. (Or sometime around then.) The clues are going to be equally obscure in order to make you think harder than you want. And this time the points are fair game to anyone, not just the first to answer. (Sorry Mary)
Oh, and no looking things up on the internet either. The answers have to come from somewhere deep inside the recesses of your gray matter where all the useless information dwells. Ready?
Here we go!
1. This movie is about a family where the mother dies and the kids are left alone with their father. They are playing outside one day when pieces of a puzzle (that almost look like bits of a sarcophagus) fall from the sky. They are then invited to a factory where they create something special to help them out of their grief. Know it? 7,000 points (6,000 bonus points if you can recite the heartwarming line given by the young daughter near the end of the movie when she thinks the "comfort giver thing" will be lost.)
2. This movie is another 80s flick and about a strange way of placing kids in appropriate foster homes. A boy ends up getting sent to an eccentric old woman who surely should have been rejected by their "birth factory standards". Chaos ensues when the mistake is found. The little actor's real name is Huckleberry. Really. 500,000 points.
3. A boy named David discovers a space ship that takes him into the future. He disappears, then reappears with outlandish knowledge. His wisecracking robot commander Max helps him go anywhere he wants. What a great adventure for the whole family!! 3,000 points
4. A trailer park boy who thinks he will never escape there defeats an arcade game and ends up being abducted by people of another galaxy to help them defend themselves from an alien force. This one sounds like a dream, but I know it isn't. 5,000 points
5. An evil carnival comes to town, lead by Mr. Dark. Two of the town's boys suspect something is wrong and try to get to the bottom of it. They can't ask anyone to help them, but in the end Will's librarian father seems to know the danger, and helps them out. 9,000 points
6. In this movie, a seemingly daft Englishman helps to rescue French aristocrats from the guillotine during the French Revolution. His wife has friendships with the perpetrators and it may endanger his whole facade. Great movie on my favorite's list. And just for the record, only the 1982 version is worth anything. 8,000 points
7. A young girls is lost in the Australian outback after chasing a rabbit into the woods. She meets a kangaroo mom who has lost her joey that decides to help her. Special berries she gives the girl help her to understand the language of the forest creatures. Oh, by the way, it's a mix of live action and cartoon. 8,000 points
That's enough for now. My brain is twitching. Good luck!!