I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Foodie Friday: Greek Chicken Saute

Sorry I'm late. Internet trouble. You don't want to know. M'kay?

Today I bring you:

Greek Chicken Saute!


4 Boneless Skinless chicken breasts, cut up
2 TB flour
Salt and Pepper
1 Onion, diced
1 Green Pepper, chopped
1/2 C Water
1 pkg. Grape Tomatoes
1 TB Lemon Juice
2 TSP Dry Dill
Feta Cheese

1. Cut up your chicken breasts.
2. Toss them in flour to coat.
3. Fry them in a bit of olive oil until brown on both sides. (and the trick is not to move them right away. Let them sit a minute or two, or else you'll lose the coating.)

4. Remove the chicken and add the pepper and onion. Cook until crisp-tender.5. Add the water, Lemon juice, dill and tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes wrinkle.

6. Return chicken to pan and cook until heated through.
7. Plate up and COVER with feta cheese. Yummy!!!
Now if you want, you can serve this with rice, or pasta, or a crusty bread. We were in a hurry for dinner so we just ate as is; no sides. But I bet it would be killer with some hummus and pita on the side. Oh yeah!! Enjoy the yum!

8 Comments:

  • Mary

    Shops are now closed, so will have to try this one next week sometime.

    Heh, by the way. I have just watched the movie "Kite Flyer'. Man, it was so good!

  • Brenda

    Your kids will eat this???

    I mean, to me it looks really good but oh my goodness the little ones would die right under that table if I served that.

    Oh, and husband who swears his mom served bell peppers with EVERY SINGLE MEAL all his life. Apparently even breakfast.

  • Mary

    hey girlie~ I need to contact you ASAP. Do you know my email? mamadege AT _________.rr.com The blank is the name of the big city here. Hint hint. Dont wanna go spreading my email out to the world.

  • Mary

    Dear other Mary

    Would that be New York?

    Heh Julie, For one insane moment I thought I had been blogging in my sleep. I could not remember giving you half of my email. What a relief to find there is more than one Mary in blogland.

    Yours,Sleeping peacefully

    Mary (not from New york)

  • WendyMom

    Mary-

    Having had the priveledge of living with Juliemom and her family for 6 months, I can tell you that her kids would indeed eat that. It is amazing the things she has trained them to eat- basically, if they don't like it, they don't eat. She don't play...

    Oh, and because she doesn't like loud noises, they're QUIET too. Like, all the time... I've never seen anything like it, before or since! I always told her it was a good thing God gave her a deaf husband- that right there cuts the noise level in the home in half!

    Jules- looks AWESOME- I would totally eat some spanikopita on the side- you know it!

    Love ya-

  • JulieMom

    It's not like we punish them for speaking in an outside voice inside, but we had only lived in apartments with neighbors up to that point, so they needed to be trained NOT to scream in the house.

    Plus I have super-ultra-sensitive hearing. It's my super-power.

    A blessing and a curse. *sigh*

  • Suzanne

    wow, looks great. I just hope my green peppers are still good. Might try this one tonight.

  • Mary

    dear "other" mary~ more than once have I thought I sleep blogged, looking at your name. LOL Hmmmm, in New York but NOT New York. ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin