I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Random Story

Darkness. He sat in the darkness with his head in his hands, wondering how this could have happened. Would things ever be right in his life again? The rain beat against the windows, echoing the storm inside his own heart. He was caught in the middle of a spiritual and emotional battle.

He loved his wife. Loved her more than anything. So why did he lose his temper like that? He'd never even thought of raising his voice to her, and now? Now she would probably never speak to him again.

He stood and moved to the window. He pulled back the curtain to face the storm. His thoughts battled for attention in his mind. He felt his perfect life fading, like his breath on the glass.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God...

Where did that thought come from? Maybe he had been a little distracted from the things of God lately. Maybe his job had been too important, the success gone to his head. They needed the money, though, didn't they? Couldn't earn big money without long hours.

Scenes from happier times flashed before his eyes. Times before they had any money to worry about. They used to do simple things; walks along the pier, the canal, through the park. Other times they just sat in front of the fire, chatting long into the night about all the dreams their future held. His wife had been so interesting then, had so easily captivated him. How could he have forgotten, let that slip away?

A flash of lightning diverted his attention and brought him back to his sad reality, the reason she'd walked out. Why hadn't she called? Where had she gone?

His heart pricked with remorse. He'd spoken too hastily. Words he could never take back flowed from his mouth before his mind could catch up and stop them.

And now she was gone.

A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.

"Alright, God, You're right." his voice took on a defeated tone. "About everything. I'm sorry I let my job and money get between you and I. And disrupt my marriage. I was wrong. I lost my temper over something so trivial. I need you to help me find the right balance. Please forgive my foolishness. I don't know where she is, Lord but please bring her home so I can make things right."

He continued to look out at the violent weather. Lightning and thunder took their turns making sure the severity of the storm was known. It didn't help his mood. A sudden sound of keys in the lock spurred hope within his heart. The door opened, and his countenance changed from one of worry to relief.

He quickly closed the distance between them and crushed her in an embrace that was the beginning of making things right. He smiled to himself when at first she stiffened, then hugged him back.

1 Comments:

  • WendyMom

    Nicely written my friend. I'm almost all caught up on your blog book too. Thanks for the interesting and enjoyable reading- short stories were never something I was good at. Too fond of run-on sentences, I guess!

    Love ya-

Blog Widget by LinkWithin