I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Monday, April 14, 2008

Not-So-Stepford Wife



Sometimes I feel like I'm the new girl in town. Like I just moved into the neighborhood where all the Stepford wives live. So many women here do things differently than I do. BETTER than I do. I've seen many women who wash their dishes and then actually dry them right then and put them away. And some of them mop every day too! And, get this, they wake up before their kids!

And there I stand in the midst of them: these women with nice skin, fashionable hair, tiny waists and sparkling floors. And my dishes still in the rack waiting their next use, my self-cut hair and questionable skin- not to mention the un-tiny waist stick out like a sore thumb.

And I'm ok with that.

After all, people like me help other women not feel so bad. I mean, someone has to be the base for comparison. Why shouldn't I strive to help others feel good about themselves? They can look at me and my house and think "Hey, I'm not doing so bad. At least not as bad as her."

I'll just think of it as a public service. My contribution to supporting and encouraging women. Please, it's not necessary to thank me. It's enough to know I've done my part.

You're welcome.

2 Comments:

  • Summer in FL

    I'm with ya girl! I feel like this most of the time :-)

  • Joni

    Please, Julie!! At least your dishes are washed!! And you take time to share your thoughts on this AWESOME blog!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin