I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Monday, April 14, 2008

HE'S HERE!!!



The long wait is finally over!! 'The Papaw' arrived without incident. I know you all were praying, because things happened that only God could do. Especially when we remember that we're in one of the most dangerous cities in the world.

Ready for this?

His first two flights took off and arrived ahead of schedule. He met nice people on the plane and actually slept. Then after he arrived and looked like he didn't know where he was going, a man approached him and asked if he needed a taxi. When he told the person he was looking for his son in law, the man said 'Do you know his cell number?' Then he let my Dad use his cell phone for free. This is just totally amazing, because EVERYONE in Africa expects to be paid for everything.

God indeed is good.

And of course, we made signs to greet Papaw. And the girls all had their own special way of greeting him.

Snow White wanted to be sure Papaw saw her favorite blankie, and planned to write I LOVE YOU on her eyelids, but she fell asleep before she could uncap the pen.


Sleeping Beauty stayed awake the whole entire time. And she was bright eyed and SOOOO happy to be able to greet Papaw in person.

And finally Cinderella was just so excited that she ended up passing out. But see how nicely displayed her blanket is? And how well she matched the pillow on our couch? Amazing.


Dad looks great, and said he had an excellent flight. People were courteous, liked chatting, and were in general just nice people. God be praised!!

Thank you for all your prayers. We are safe and sound, and enjoying all the loot sent with him!!

6 Comments:

  • WendyMom

    PRAISE THE LORD!!!

    PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

    I am so relieved- I have been praying on and off for 2 days!

    Tell your Dad I'm so glad he made it- the Prince found him, all your stuff got there! Did you see the girl's dolls yet? We couldn't resist when we saw them at Aldi, and R made the name tags for them.

    Have SO MUCH FUN, LOVE, HUGS, AND FUN!

    God is so good....

  • Mr. Young

    Glory to God! We have been praying for you guys, and we are so thankful that you posted! I checked as soon as I got home. My 5th and 6th grade class was also praying today. We are so thankful to hear a good report. Our God is indeed an Awesome God! I hope you all enjoy the time with pawpa.

  • Victoria

    Glad he got there safe - I was praying. Hope you have a wonderful time with him!

  • Janice

    AMEN!!

    While I was working on Sat. PM, I had the pleasure to help a lady from SA, specifically from Jo'burg, and I was all the more excited to talk to her! Until she told me that the reason she was in the states is...17 months ago in Jo'burg while out one evening , her husband was murdered in the city for no reason other than the gunman thought he might have money. I hope she will continue to be a LC customer, and I will have the opportunity to witness to her!

    But needless to say it was very timely, and I prayed and prayed for your safety!

    So glad to know all is well, and you have a GREAT TIME!!

  • Summer in FL

    YYYYeeeeeaaaaahhh! I hope that you are enjoying your time with him :-)

  • Joni

    I'm so happy to hear that daddy had an excellent trip!! Please tell him "hey" for me, and Gracie, Dean and Nick...oh, yeah, and Daniel, too. We miss you all!!!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin