I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Movin' On


As many of you know, our lease in this townhouse was only for six months. During our stay here, there have been two different Realtors trying to sell it. I never thought they would, as the price seems incredibly high to me. (Maybe I'm just cheap.)

We had started looking a little for a new place, but not really. We want to stay in this neighborhood. Our neighbors are great, the place is safe, quiet, and our girls have friends here now. We really didn't want to move.

So, last week my neighbor from across the road came over and told me the people next door to us were moving at the end of April. Perfect for us, I thought! Our lease is up May first. So I moseyed on over there that night with the Prince, just to confirm the info.

It is indeed true.

So we got the number of the owner and will call soon.

But it doesn't stop there. The next night, unannounced, this family knocks on our door and asks to look at the house. Mind you, we have been out all day long, have just finished supper, and I am in my jammies. So I threw on a jacket quick and said 'Sure! Come on in. Sorry about the mess, blah blah blah...'

They look around awhile, and then after they see the back yard the woman looks at me, and out of the blue says: "If I buy this house, would you stay an extra couple months? The other house isn't sold yet, and it would really help us out."

I thought it was really weird, but I said I thought we would be interested. (Just in case next door didn't work out and all.) So they left.

The next day the neighbor who is moving out tells me they have to extend their lease a few months because their house isn't finished being built.

Later that afternoon the other woman calls me to tell me they bought the house and if we're still interested in staying they will look at our lease and just go with a month to month contract. That way we're not locked in for six months or anything.

Now, how good is God?!? Not only did He (possibly) give us the house next door to move into, but He also is making it possible for us to stay here until the people next door are ready to move out!

HAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahaha

Isn't that just like God?

Would you pray with us that this would be His will, and if not that He would show us before we agree to lease papers for the house next door, etc.?

It just seems unreal.

*walks away shaking head in amazement*

7 Comments:

  • buddahwhooo

    word...see if anyone there will buy our house

    brother in law

  • Victoria

    will be praying!

  • WendyMom

    Things like that only come from God- and He delights in doing them. I'm sure our amazement is fun for Him to enjoy- kinda like when you surprise your kids with something they really want.

    He's like- "I created the whole universe and keep it in order- oh, and here's a little day to day stuff for you to enjoy!"

    I'll be praying..

  • Brenda

    But, but, but...you didn't worry and mentally go over every possible scenario so that you could suggest to God the best way He might handle this situation and you didn't spend hours trying to fix it yourself and lose sleep over it and....

    yeah. It must be God. :) Eph. 3:20-21 baby!

  • Janice

    So did you just scream after you walked away and shook your head? Can I tell you sometimes the screaming comes later!

    Don't you love serving the God of Impossibilities? It is so much fun just watching for the next "it is not possible" to happen right before our very eyes!

    liborza

  • Michelle in Mx

    I'm doing a thank you Jesus dance with ya - which is quite a trick while typing . . FYI, I read this today and now you've reminded me . . .God answers prayers. God answers!
    http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/2008/03/something-on-my-mind.html

  • Joni

    I LOVE IT! and I am not so sure anyone there would WANT to buy our house after I've seen pictures of yours...buddawhooo

Blog Widget by LinkWithin