I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Monday, March 10, 2008

Party- Blog Style

Ultimate Blog Party 2008

Did you know there's a party going on at 5 Minutes for Moms? Yeah, I didn't either until I saw it on another blog I read. But it looked like so much fun I just had to join.

So, I am supposed to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I know this will seem WEIRD to my regular reader(s), since you already know and love me, (right Sis?) but it's all for the sake of shamelessly promoting my blog, so hang in there with me.

Hi. My name is JulieMom and I'll be your hostess on this whirlwind tour of my blog. Help yourself to the sweets table, and make sure you get a glass of the punch before you go. Introduction shall now commence.

I am married to the Prince (just like my sidebar says) and I am the Mom of the three beautiful princesses (also in the sidebar).

We are missionaries to the Deaf in South Africa, and have loved every minute of it! We're still new at this, and so we learn as we go along. (Not much different than my life was before, come to think of it.)

Now, here comes the part where I pick out the best of my previous posts to make you think this is a high quality,well-written blog. (You can choose to ignore that last statement, you know.) Ready?

If you'd like a first-hand glimpse into my growing up years (to help you better understand my view on life, of course) then you can check out Blasts From the Past here. If you're wanting an excellent NYC style pizza recipe, check out Foodie Friday here. Or if you want proof that you're not the only Mom who isn't June Cleaver, check out Keepin' It Real here.

Or, if your funny bone needs exercised, I have been told that this What Not To Wear spoof and it's sequel could cause it to go into spasms.

Ok, and one of the princesses at T-Ball. Because they're adorable, that's why.

And if you hang around long enough, you just might get to witness my crazy idea of writing a book, which was inspired by the comments from my readers that totally went to my head here.

So, stick around, have some fun, make some food, and laugh a bit. At me, if you like.

Just promise to come back again sometime. You never know, we could be friends.

11 Comments:

  • cltgrace

    Welcome to the party! Now that you're here, let's get this party started! There are so many new folks to meet. What a pleasure indeed!

    Peek in on us at GraceFULL Days & say hi before you go! Skip over the Vicks Caring Tributes & vote for my Gracie Cakes story as one of their finalists~ Thanks in advance. http://videos.vickscaringtributes.com/videos/index.html

    GraceFULL blessings to you & yours~

    Carmen
    cltgrace@gmail.com

  • cltgrace

    I'm sorry...it's way to early in the morning! I just read more of your post & see that you are missionaries! You have my heart~ I am a missions hearted worshipper & though I've been sidelined from going since my Gracie girl was born...I'm doing my part staying by the stuff, praying, giving & encouraging where I can! I'm bookmarking you girl! Take courage & know you have beautiful feet! I love that scripture: how lovely are the feet of those who carry the good news! Pretty feet, yes you do!

  • BrineS

    You are the second missionaries to the deaf I have met through this blog party. The first family I met works with the deaf in Mexico. How exciting!

    I was a missionary teacher with New Tribes Mission before I married last year. I loved teaching missionary kids. This month at my A Cup of Joy blog it is Missions Month. Please stop by and tell me about your ministry!

    I'm inviting you to party with me!

    Win some chocolate from my-sister-in-law and I...we blog about CHOCOLATE...me from Australia...and her from Michigan. Here's the link: http://thechocolistas.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

    What am I doing in Australia? I married an Aussie...and moved to Brisbane, leaving my family and friends and all the right-side-of-the-road drivers in America.

    Win a handmade pocket place mat from my blog Comfort Joy Designs. Here's the link:
    http://comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

    Want to know more about life in Australia? Visit my A Cup of Joy site where I keep up with my family and friends in America. Here's the link:
    http://acupofjoy.wordpress.com/

    Happy Partying!

  • Ivan Girl

    hey, welcome to the party and hope you're having a blast. Do call me Ivan Girl and I'm from Manila, Philippines.

    I love your site and it's remarkable what you and your family are doing. Pleased to meet you! Will definitely visit you again.

    Do stop by my blog and join me for the party... :)
    UBP 2008

    Have Fun!

  • The Flying Monkeys

    Nice party, turn the music up! Its loud over at my blog! Come on by, in or out of costume at my blog party! Grab some food, have a drink, read, and enjoy!

    Love your blog!

    DEB

  • Julie D

    I'm also a "Julie Mom". :) But I only have one princess (and two princes). You'll have to check out the t-shirts I made for my hubby for Valentine's Day. (We'll, the T-shirts are for me--to honor my Prince Charming). One says, "True Love is not a fairy tale". Another says, "I found Prince Charming...and I didn't have to kiss any frogs". (Look under the February Tab, and the title is "I love my hubby...and I have the shirts to prove it".

    BTW..I've always wanted to learn sign language. I know some, but not enough.

  • Michelle in Mx

    Party on girlfriend . . .but you know I've been a fan ever since I read THIS:

    http://juliemom.blogspot.com/2007/07/high-school-meme-that-i-stole-from_26.html

    And knew then we could be BFF!

  • Michelle in Mx

    So, did you find out about the party through moi?!?! and then should we tell Brines that were friends ;-)and I checked out that chocolate site . . . I think I gained weight just looking at all the lushusness . . .mmmmmmmmmm
    OK, I'll let others comment now . . party on!

  • SaraLynn

    Nice to meet you! I saw your blog at the party and I am so glad I stopped by. Moving to Africa must have been amazing! I will definitely be back to see how you all are doing. please stop by and say hello sometime
    http://saralynn-toobusytothink.blogspot.com/

  • Tammy

    So nice to meet you! :)
    I absolutely love the sidebar photos...those expressions on the "princesses" are priceless!

    I have two of my own, ages 5 and 8...and I'm currently home schooling in Oregon.

    Your life as missionaries in S. Africa sounds intriguing! I will be sure to be back to read more about your life and ministry!
    Stop by and say hi if you can!
    Blessings,
    ~Tammy

  • Storm

    Kudos to you for being missionaries.

    Still hopping from blog to blog... my goal is to post at each blog at least once. Nice to meet you. Happy blogging!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin