I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Blasts From the Past

I was reading Grafted Branch's blog yesterday, and was inspired by her bravery to post some of my OWN old school pictures. Are you ready? I don't think you could prepare yourself enough for what is about to assault your eyes.

Maybe we should have you sign a waver just in case? No? Ok. Proceed.

Homemade Annie Dress By My Nana- Kindergarten
No comment.

First grade- Super Cool Trick Photography
Notice the arrow pointing to the purple Indian feather clipped into the side of my hair and framing my jaw. Yep. It had beads and everything. I KNOW.
And my kids keep asking me who the girl behind me is. *sigh*

Field Trip to the Library
This photo was in the newspaper. Notice all the other children looking with interest at the airplanes. Kinda the whole reason we were there. Me? Smack dab in the middle, staring right into the camera. My parents must have been so proud. Well, not any prouder than Sarah's who's ducking out the back.

Fourth Grade Post-Recess Carnage

Flushed cheeks and shiny faces were in back then. I must have been running fast too, because there is absolutely no hair close to my face. It just kinda piled straight up.

And since I am embarrassing myself, I thought I would throw one of the Prince in for good measure. Not a school photo, but a good one nonetheless.

Why is he screaming in terror? I have no idea.
But I think it has something to do with the knee socks and gym shorts combo.

I'm just sayin'.

8 Comments:

  • WendyMom

    NO WAY!! I think I just ruptured something-- MAN, I thought I was the only one with hair THAT BIG growing up!

    Of course, I got mine that way with perms and lots of Aqua Net hairspray- can I get a witness?

    WOWWWWW! That is truly impressive. Now I'm seeing now how much K looks like you.

    The Prince's look is PRICELESS! Although, I will say that I saw a guy at the gym this morning who had an ensemble somewhat similar- it was truly frightening after he had worked out a bit and was sweaty-- but I digress. Thank you for the best laughs and giggles (complete with snorting) that I've had in a long while!

    If it's even possible, I love ou even more now than before....

  • WendyMom

    Um, that's I love YOU even more now than before-- blame it on the laughter!

  • WendyMom

    Oh, and did you by chance notice how much the Prince looks like Eric Estrada in that pic? CHIPS here we come!

  • Anonymous

    Those are great. My kids don't believe me when I tell them that boys wore short shorts when I was a kid. The Prince's attire was IN, especially with the knee socks.

    Wendy's right, about K looking like you, too cute.

    Darline

  • Grafted Branch@Restoring the Years

    That was FUN! After-recess carnage made me LOL. I had one of those pictures, but it was so bad that we opted not to purchase.

  • Brenda

    Oh my goodness! That second picture (you know, the one of you and that other girl!) looks so much like your girls. I'm not sure which one really, b/c I can see all 3 of them!

    And Prince's shorts and gym socks? Yeah, entire basketball teams looked like that back then.

    I gotta get a scanner.

  • Mary

    oh the humanity! oh the poor prince! posting that on internet for all to see...... gee, I wonder WHY they made you an Annie dress??? snort

  • Joni

    Too funny!! The sad thing is, Nan felt like she needed to make me the EXACT same Annie dress...and I didn't have the hair to go with it!! The last picture of you is my favorite of this batch...you should really share some more...ya know you want to.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin