I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Friday, February 01, 2008

We Are Going To Tea

As you may recall, we live in South Africa. I may have mentioned that once or twice. And because of the British influence of their past, tea is big here. Like a daily ritual thing. Even in the middle of summer. Hot, steamy, yummy, (I KNOW! I LIKE IT!) tea. With cream and sugar, if you please. Oh, and they use brown sugar for tea here. But it's not like our brown sugar. It's different. It's hard and grainy like white sugar.

And dark brown sugar here we call treacle sugar. It stinks like molasses.

So, we decided since this is our FIRST! EVER! invitation to tea, that we would do it up right. And by 'we' I of course mean the Princesses. Because I wouldn't be caught dead in purple tafetta. Too itchy. Or gold lamme (luh-may). Too tacky on a thirthy year old woman who knows better. And their lip color is just not my shade.



But they are excited. And they are only allowed make-up like lip gloss when we are at home. For play. But since this tea party is in our gated community, I will allow it today. Because it's like a two minute walk there.

I may get a little gussied up as well, because the Prince and I have a hot date tonight. We may be going here or here.

I just may need to borrow their lipstick after all.

4 Comments:

  • WendyMom

    Or the gold lamme for later...Smiles!

    OK, how totally cute are those three?!?!? How do you stand it. It makes me want to jump on a plane and get there to grab them up and kiss them. I miss you guys so much- them I see a picture like this and remember all the great times we had here. It makes me smile and cry a little all at the same time!

    Are you going to have crumpets? Sardines? High tea?

    Treacle, huh. Haven't heard that word since Hector was a pup..

    Love you guys!

  • Victoria

    You gotta let us know where you go to dinner! I would be soooo torn! Take pictures, too!

  • Brenda

    How fun! Nice that you have all girls since a brother would not be as keen on this event.

    Have fun tonight. I will think of you while I'm on a date with my husband---looking over our budget. fun fun fun NOT!!!!

    But wait, did you already go on this date? I know it's 7 hours ahead of New York but I'm still getting confused here. So, either HAVE FUN or I HOPE YOU HAD FUN. K?

  • Anonymous

    Okay, since you got upset that I haven't been leaving remarks on your blog, here it is...:) Those three are sooo adorable!! The first time someone offers you a goat or cow for one of them, you have to let me know!!

    Love,
    Joni

Blog Widget by LinkWithin