I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Of Pasta, and Socks, and the Prince at Jail



Well, as you can see from today's photo, my prayer group ABSOLUTELY. ROCKS.

One friend sent us lasagna pasta, because she read on the blog that we can't get it here. Real Lasagna!! Can you believe it!?! And another friend sent candy, and socks, and mac-n-cheese. We were so blessed. And it all arrived in time for my birthday too. Although I know it wasn't just for me. (Though I like to think it was.)

So, now that the socks and pasta are out of the way, you're probably wondering what the Prince was doing at jail. Well, lemme see here...

The Prince was talking with a Deaf prisoner there last week, a man who was convicted (and truly guilty) of his crime. The man knows several of the Deaf men in our church, and had heard the Gospel before. My hubby, the Prince, shared the Gospel again last week. But, being a firm believer in letting the Holy Spirit work, didn't press him for a decision. (Love that about my man)

This week when he went back, the man's heart was SOFTENED, READY and HE RECEIVED CHRIST!!!!

Someone say AMEN one time!

Or hallelujah!

Or just shout and give God some glory!

His whole eternity is changed. Not just his future when he gets out of jail. His eternity. Isn't that something? And I prayed for him. And so did a bunch of my friends at home. Though they didn't know his name, or the specifics of what the Prince had been doing, they were praying God would use us. And He did!

Blows my mind.

I am just so humbled by the things I have seen God do since we've been here. The people truly have a desire to learn. There are so many opportunities that we could be ministering outside our home 7 days a week. But we can't do that. God hasn't called us to wear ourselves out by trying to do everything, just those things He calls us to do.

Would you pray that God would send more laborers? Seems the fields are whitening faster than we can pick 'em.

Got a basket you could bring and visit? We sure could use some help.

6 Comments:

  • Anonymous

    AMEN! That is so exciting.

    I love the socks.

    Darline

  • Brenda

    That is very good news about the man in prison. (um, and the mac-n-cheese). I'm glad you are not wearing yourselves out, but it is exciting that the harvest is so plentiful.

    And people who have a desire to learn? I would like to see that!

  • Anonymous

    word !

  • Anonymous

    word

    brother in law

  • WendyMom

    That's what we're really all still here for- seriously think about it- wouldn't it be easier for God to take us home to heaven right after we get saved then to have to try and perfect us here and work with these broken vessels? But, if He did that, then there would be no-one to talk to all the other lost peoples.

    I love you and am totally psyched to see fruits of your ministry already.

    Oh, and I wish I was there for some lasagne!

  • Janice

    LOVE the socks! Such cute little feet! "How beautiful are the feet!"

Blog Widget by LinkWithin