I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I Love Label Warnings

So, I was reading the label of the Princesses' bath soap, and it was cracking me up. I knew I had to take pictures and share the wealth of knowledge the producers of this particular bath product have. Prepare yourselves to be amazed!!




I hope skin isn't one of the "certain surfaces" they mean.

Maybe it's just me, but usually the children left alone in the bathroom with the bottle CAN'T READ THE LABEL. And who would look at it and think: 'Boy, that oughta quench my thirst! Yep, nothin' like a thick soapy liquid to coat the tongue and just HIT. THE. SPOT.'

And I love the fact that they tell us it has not been tested on animals. I don't think knowing how sudsy it gets on Fluffy's coat would sway my opinion of whether or not it will work on relatively hairless children.

Here are some other similar (and ridiculous) warnings:

Toilet Bowl Brush- Do not use orally
Curling Iron-For external use only!
Toilet Plunger- Caution: Do not use near power lines.
Komatsu Floodlight-Caution: this floodlight is capable of illuminating large areas, even in the dark

Are you as offended as I am that they need to state these warnings? But I guess it just takes one idiot with enough sense to sue, to ensure we get a giggle off some of the products we buy. Have you seen any you think are ridiculous? Share!

(By the way, I know tested on animals means chemically- but it's just not as funny.)

7 Comments:

  • Expensive Mistakes and Cheap Thrills

    OMG that's hilarious.....

    On another note, just wanted to invite you to join the South African Bloggers Network - http://sabloggers.ning.com

    still new, still recruiting.

    sign up, so we can all hook up!!

  • Expensive Mistakes and Cheap Thrills

    ps: thought you might enjoy The Bad Mommy Blog too - www.batchfoobadmommy.blogspot.com

  • Brenda

    OK, I can see that...toilet brush and tooth brush...I get those confused ALL the time!!! :(-

    But seriously Julie, have you ever heard yourself say some stupid warning to your children that was totally necessary?
    "Don't close your eyes and walk down the hall-you're going to get a concussion."
    "We don't eat with our feet."

  • WendyMom

    Or, and I especially love this one, after your child falls down/gets a contusion/drops something etc-- you say, "Be careful honey- don't get hurt."

    Um, they already did!

    Of course my poor kids have a nurse for a mother, so their warnings to each other and other kids who play at our house ALWAYS end with something like, "and you'll choke/fall/drown and die..."

    Sigh, oh well, at least they look out for each other...
    Love ya- thanks for the grins today!

  • Victoria

    If it's possible to die laughing, I will end up doing so by reading your blog! YOU need to put up a warning label!:)

  • WendyMom

    Oh, I found one at dinner last night-- on the side of a can of dry roasted peanuts:

    ALLERGEN WARNING: CONTAINS PEANUTS.

    Well, I certainly HOPE so!

    LOL!

  • Joni

    Who'da thunk a floodlight would illuminate large areas, "even in the dark?" Craziness!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin