I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Google Schmoogle

Have you ever Googled your own name just to see what would come up? I did that today. I did it first with my maiden name. There are at least three other women on the 'net with my SAME NAME.

Uncanny.

One of the results that came up mentioned "Julie ____________ in front of the White House". Now, my freshman year of high school we took a band trip to Washington D.C. I know my friends took my picture in front of the White House, but I thought surely they didn't post one of me without my permission. So I brought up the link and guess what!

It wasn't me.

And I was a little disappointed, although I can't explain why.

The other mentions of women with my SAME NAME were a tennis champion (HA! That is definitely NOT me. I only run after the kids- not after a ball on purpose outside in the sun), a reporter in a newspaper in Washington, (Also not me although much more believable) and an obituary. (Clearly I am not dead.) Remember?

And it was fun for a minute to think "What if those were about me?" They would definitely be different than what my life has been like. Especially the dead one.

But then I thought about the way my life has turned out. I must say I much prefer what has really happened to me; the course of my life, my family, the things God has put before me that make me, well, ME.

And I have to say that even though the other Julie was smiling in the picture posted of her, she couldn't possibly be happier than me.

Or I.

Either one of us.

2 Comments:

  • Brenda

    There is a band with my names Brenda & _________ (last name). That's about as famous as I get.
    Great, now I googled images and there are tons of people with my name. I also saw a gravestone for a baby that lived one day and she had my entire name (middle name too).

    Thanks for the depressing start to my day!

  • WendyMom

    Ok, so I not only googled myself, but my husband---

    And apparently, I either some sort of PHD gaining brainiac in astrophysics- or I'm dead; and I'm married to a rock star from Germany!

    Pretty freaky, I know! What fun to be had...

    Actually, my husband's real name did come up on the second page of searches, in relation to his numerous patents- so I guess either way he's more famous than I am! What a trip...Thanks for the fun!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin