I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Monday, January 28, 2008

Prayers For Thabo

We recently started having evening services on Sundays. We start at 5 PM and usually stay pretty long afterwards to chat and fellowship with the Deaf members. We left last Sunday around 7:15PM. Since it had been a long day, and would be around 8PM when we got home, we decided to eat at McDonald's.

(Don't say ew. McDonald's here is grade A beef that is organic and not at all greasy. Just yummy.)

As we were going through the drive-through to order, a young boy about 8 years old came to our window and begged for money. Well we didn't dare give him any, because you never know if they really need it, or if there is an adult hiding in the area who sent them out to collect money so they can buy drugs.

So we decided to buy him food.

When we came through to find him, he was gone. But we circled around a couple times, and there he was! I was so happy to see him. We gave him a tract, and asked his name so we could pray for him. Then I told him to make sure he read it, because Jesus loved him so much. Then we gave him the food.

I watched as we drove away. That boy, Thabo, read that whole tract before touching his food.

Would you pray with us for him?

5 Comments:

  • SarahHinds

    What a wonderful opportunity to show the love of Christ. I need to be on the look out for opportunties just like in our lives. I would love for my children to be able to see stuff like that. On a side note: It is public now :) Hopefully you know what I mean.

  • Mr. Young

    Simply beautiful!
    So different from what I see on the street here. Usually I bring food with me,so when I'm asked for money to buy food, I open up my bag and give them some food. This is usually responded to with "I mean, I want coffee" hmmm...I wonder if I brought coffee too, my guess is they'd want something else then.

  • Victoria

    AMEN!

  • Mary

    YES juliemom. You are a blessing!

  • WendyMom

    AMEN AND AMEN!

    Ever since your post about garbage day, I have been in prayer on and off about the needs you are facing there. I will pray specifically for Thabo, and for you to use your resources wisely, to see the opportunities before you, and for God to bless your ministry!

    I love you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin