I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Technology, How I Love Thee!!!

Today I spoke with my Dad!! For real, like with his voice and everything! And it was superbly awesome!! My new best friend is Skype. And it can be yours too, absolutely free.

This is a free service that is available on the internet. You just have to download the service here. If you know your friend's email, then you just enter it on the magic line, and it searches until it tracks them down. Then you can call them for free (when you have a Skype approved headset for the computer) or type them a message online. Did I mention this is free?!?!?

It is *enter descriptive phrase of your choice here* AWESOME!!

I am sure you too, will be using it all hours of the day. Or night. Or whenever you feel the need to call someone miles and miles across the ocean JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN.

I plan on using this often. Please tell all your friends, and contact your missionaries. They need to hear from you. Even if you don't know what to say, you can always ask them about their family and ministry. So, get chatting!!!

Oh, and keep your eyes peeled, because the next post will be a tour of the new house. With pictures and everything. I promise. To the best of my African ability I do. Really.

7 Comments:

  • Megan (FriedOkra)

    OOOH I can't wait to see the house!

  • Janice

    HeyGirlie! I am so glad you are doing good over there all those miles away!!! Lil Savannah just said yesterday while we were shopping in GoodWill "Mommy, when are "T", "K" and "S" coming home?" We all miss you guys!!!
    I am just a little jealous as I am sure your commute tomorrow will NOT include studded snow tires and inches of ice on your windows! I am starting to type twice as fast because my fingers shake and shiver! Not too accurately mind you, but real fast! WE WANT PICTURES!! WE WANT PICTURES!!! The entire North American continent of bloggers will chant until our needs have been fulfilled!

  • WendyMom

    OK, so here I am on Saturday, minding my own business when my telephone rings. After I answered. I heard this really sweet voice say, "Hello, Wendy". I started stammering and stuttering because it sounded too much like my long lost best friend Juliemom who now lives in Africa, and so I had to ask who it was on the phone. Lo and behold-- it WAS Juliemom.

    Calling.

    From Africa!!

    And sounding not a whit further away then she used to when we would talk over the phone and she lived downstairs!!

    I know it sounds really lazy to call each other on the phone when you live in the same house, and only a flight of stairs separates you, but there were children involved. Lots of children...

    Anyhoona, it truly was great to talk to you on the phone, free, I might add. I'm signing up for Skype as soon as my computer stops acting like a brat!
    As Janice said, it snowed here this weekend, so I am envying you a little bit too!!

    Love you all!

  • Victoria

    Good to hear from you!! Can't wait to see pics!

  • Mary

    Can't you come back to the wendymom house for a short visit? We don't have enough children between us to sugar up and eat the broken cookies in the annual extravaganza of baking. And the Prince won't have anyone to laugh at.....can we use your OLD sprinkles?
    Glad you are doing well. Miss ya

  • Miss Linda

    Hey Julie, Just looked at the Blog and saw the pictures! Very entertaining and amazing that you are so far away, yet appear to have some comforts of home. God is SOOO Good!!!! Hope you and Prince Charming and your delightful Princesses have a Beautiful Christmas, as you make some incredible memories serving JESUS!!!

  • Michelle

    I have a Skype account, but what is your e-mail? Or you can just look me up and I'll ask you how your family and ministry is and such . . .
    OK, and when I looked at your blogger profile it says your in Afganistan.
    Whassup with that?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin