I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Contrary to Popular Belief, I Am Not Dead

Hello faithful readers and a good day to you!

I am experiencing physical technical difficulties today, and may not be my normal jovial self. It may or may not have something to do with being feminine, but I won't say for sure, as that would be too much information and I don't want to lose any readers.

Or something like that.

Ahem.

So, we are doing much better that just surviving here in sunny South Africa. God is so good to us, and we are settling in slowly but surely. Tomorrow we will have our living room furniture delivered to us. Eventually we will have a dining room table and chairs, but not right now. For now we are content to eat wherever we feel like. Mostly on the dining room floor, pretending there is a table and chairs.

We have mad imagination skillz here, yesiree.

Please stay tuned to my next post which will be entitled "A Lesson in Eh?conomics". It will explain to all you Americans the value of the dollar (which stinks right now) and how that affects your missionaries. I think it will be an eye-opener, and give you a better idea of how to pray for your missionaries, as well as an incentive to be faithful in your giving.

Ok, but that's next time, remember? So stop begging me for information about it already! Sheesh! I'm an ocean away, and I can't punch your head like I'd like to, being feminine and all, but I am thinking about it!

So, I really meant for this post to be short and sweet, and just update you that we are all really fine, but as usual I have said everything in my mind. Which I believe by the Bible's standards makes me a fool. So I will stop talking now.

On with your lives people! There's nothing to see here!

Now go!! *with a hug and a smile* GO!!

9 Comments:

  • WendyMom

    Oh darlin'-- you're an ocean away and still we're on the same schedule! If you know what I mean...ahem... moving on----

    Don't punch anybody in the head, it'll get better in a few days- you know it will. Thanks for posting, so when the people at church ask for an update (like about 25 times today alone!), I can tell them you said you're not dead!

    Luv and hugs and kisses to all!!!
    Wendy

  • Megan (FriedOkra)

    I'm glad y'all are settling in well, and looking forward to an education in eh?conomics, indeed!

  • Brenda

    Thanks for the update/threats, etc! :) It is good to hear from you and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your missionary life over there!

  • Janice

    All kinds of relating going on here, and I am not a continent away, or adjusting to life 14,000 miles from here, or waiting for furniture... what is MY excuse?!?! Loving you too!

  • millcreek

    You'll look back on these times and smile, "Remember when..."

    **operation mom**
    Visit opmom.com. From your Command Center you can organize your family’s medical information & create wellness reminders, find & rate local service providers, plan & book the perfect vacation, get a handle on your photos, create & plan events and parties, stay in touch with your community using the innovative “HeadsUp” local broadcast feature, plus find inspiration for tonight’s dinner.

  • Michelle

    Have some chocolate.
    Lots and lots of chocolate . . .as my daughter says
    "It makes you FEEL better"

  • Mary

    She's ALIVE!!! Glad to hear things are smoothing out for you. School us in Eh?conomics please...no punches please. Hey I wonder what the Prince could drag home from the store for your, ahem, feminity issues ???

  • Barb Kaiser

    Julie and all
    Glad to hear you have a home and some furniture. Thanks for the updates and even though you are an ocean away I can still hear your voice inflections and see your visual expressions as you recount your situation even though you are not here. It is good to know you still have your sense of humor and glorious wit about you. Just want to you know we love you guys and will continue to pray for your needs and cant wait to hear your next update. Love ya Barb K

  • Aunt Bossy

    Hi Julie!

    I did it--I finally created an account with a password I won't forget (think Snow Camp giggle fits and you'll have a good idea of what I chose) so I can leave comments. You CRACK ME UP! Love you bunches, threats of bodily harm and all. Hugs & kisses to you and the girls! (p.s. Like my new screen name? I picked is especially for you!)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin