I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Friday, October 12, 2007

They're Coming!! Like, Today and Stuff!!


That's right, my friends. My Sister with her three sweet and lovely children, and my Dad will be arriving here today. TODAY!!! I can hardly believe it. The fact that they can be here is no small miracle, and I am OH! SO! THANKFUL!! (and excited- if you couldn't tell)

Thanks for all your attempts at recipe help.

*cough*BRENDA*cough*

Sorry to say that even after a pretty convincing argument, Ritz crackers just didn't make it onto the menu. Neither did squirty cheese. Sorry. not really.

So, as you can see to your left, I am quickly working my way through the list of things to accomplish before THE! MOVE! DOUBLE ACK!! And I think I've done a pretty good job thus far.

Notice how the list does NOT include 'Gracefully Saying Goodbye to Loved Ones and Friends'. Yeah, I'm thinkin' it would be better titled 'Snorking on Your Sleeve in Public and Running Away From Family and Friends'.

'Cept that's none too heart-warming.

And the running away would be feasible too- except for the fact that I have kids. And the Prince. Who isn't into me running away. Especially when there are ten (TEN!) suitcases to be manhandled checked. So, I guess I'll have to go with my old standby.

Which includes, but is not limited to, biting the inside of my lip and not speaking to anyone for several hours.

And that, my friends, is why I am ever-so-thankful for the sign language.

6 Comments:

  • Brenda

    My cookbook and all it's secrets are closed to you.

    You just don't know what you are missing.

    :)

  • Victoria

    Ok - everyone's idea of cheap is a bit different. So, here goes. Ever had artichoke dip? 1 can artichoke hearts, 3/4 C. mayo, 3/4 C. parmesan cheese, dash garlic powder. Mix all together. To serve with crackers (wheat thins being the best) heat in microwave. I would triple the recipe for the amount of people you're having. You can get artichoke hearts at Aldi - usually, anyway.

    OK - now to make it a bit more interesting, and at the risk of giving away one of my best recipes - for-go the crackers. Mix the dip and put it on chicken breasts. Bake at 350 until done (uncovered). DELICIOUS!!! VERY EASY!!! Depending on what you call cheap, it may work. If you're having the hots and hamburgs, don't make enough for all 50 - assume only 20 - 25 people will eat it. I, again would triple or quad the recipe for that many.

    Don't know if that helped.

  • CanCan

    Hey! I just found your blog through another blog...
    My family and I minister in SouthEast Asia. We are home in the states right now but will be going back in January.
    I'm looking forward to following your journey overseas!

  • Ruth

    sugar sugar sugar (just leavin you some sugar as requested above the comment box) :)

  • Anonymous

    You're about to experience the hardest part of missionary life - saying goodbye so many times - and feeling every one. It doesn't get easier the longer you're overseas. It continues to be the hard part of this incredible thing we've been called to do. Keep saying goodbye. Keep a kleenex up your sleeve. Wear no makeup to the airport as you'll bawl your eyes out somewhere enroute in an airport or airplane bathroom. Believe it is worth it. Exhale. Drink more fluids to replace your lost ones. Believe. Exhale. You'll make it!
    Andrea Pitcher in the Czech Republic

  • Victoria

    I don't know if you're going to have a chance to post again before you leave, so I just wanted to say "good-bye." We've not met, but I feel that you're a friend. I'm thinking of you and praying for you and I'm going to miss you as I know it'll probably be a while before we'll hear from you again. I'll be watching, though, waiting to hear about your fun life in Africa!! Blessings upon you and your wonderful family!!!!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin