I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Simple Conversation




Me:
Well, the big move is coming up in one week. How are you doing?

Sleeping Beauty (6 years old): Ok. I am excited to be on the plane. How long is it again?

Me: Well, we fly to Atlanta first, and then we wait in the airport for a bit. Then when we get back into the plane I think it's like 15 more hours or so. Not too bad.

SB: 15 hours?!? (slapping forehead with hand) Oh my. I hope they have a potty.

Me: They definitely have a potty. They give you snacks sometimes, and drinks too. So they really don't have a choice about the potty- they just need one.

SB: Mom, do you think when we go to Africa that our friends will forget us?

Me: (Choking back tears) No. I know our friends love us, and that they pray for us, so God will use us to do wonderful things to reach people for His glory. And we can send them emails and hopefully pictures on the internet. Won't that be great?

SB: Yeah. I wish we could send hugs too.

Me: (sighing audibly) Yeah, me too.

SB: Mom?

Me: Yes, Love?

SB: What if the kids in Africa don't like me? Or what if they already have best friends?

Me: Well, I am sure God has some little girls just waiting for you to come so they can be your friends. He takes care of us and thinks of things we need before we need them. Remember how we've seen Him do that for us since we've been raising support?

SB: Yeah. God is pretty neat. He has done that for us lots of times.

Snow White:
(From the other room) And the Devil lives in Armpit Town! (Cracks up)

SB:
You know what Mom? God giving me new friends in Africa is kinda like He's giving me a hug, because He sent me a new friend. I'm so glad He loves me. I feel better now.

Me: (Crying and hugging SB while whispering into her hair) Me too, Love. Me too.

5 Comments:

  • The Hinds Family

    We will definately write to you and pray for you. You are all great blessings. - - - The Hinds Family!!!!

  • Mary

    I am so grateful for the time we shared with you and the princesses yesterday. We will be praying for you all as you start this adventure. I'll hold Miss Crack-a-Lackin' especially close for you too.

  • jen

    where's Armpit Town? I'd like to steer clear!

  • Wendymom

    Forget you?!?! Never in a million-gajillion-katrillion years!

    Praise God for the internet and email so I don't have to get a job to pay for the telephone bill!

    We are all trusting in the Lord for you and your needs there, and know He can and will provide for you all!!

  • Victoria

    We can learn so much from children, can't we? You couldn't have written a better script!

    Praying!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin