I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Proof of the Romance


Our Room (The Angell Room)

The Prince and I had a wonderful retreat. It was filled with rest, relaxation, beautiful sights, and quality time together- something that is harder and harder to get these days it seems.

The Acorn Inn was wonderful. The Innkeeper, Sheryl Mordini was a stitch, and made us feel at home. So great! Every picture you see on their website was what we really experienced. If you haven't visited them, here are some pics I took:

Back Yard Hammock

Back Yard Garden

Common Area with Fireplace


We spent one afternoon at Sonnenberg Gardens. It is a beautiful (40 room) mansion that has a wonderful history. The outside does need some fixing up, but the gardens are exquisite. They are especially beautiful during the summer months, when everything is in full bloom. But there were many, many specimens left to get good shots of. And since it was a drizzly day, there were rain drops on many of them. So pretty!

Here are a few:








I am planning to blow many of these up larger and use them in our new place in Africa to decorate the walls. Then we will have snapshots of creation around us, and also memories of the wonderful days we spent relaxing and just being together.

*sigh*

We were very happy to come home and get our kids. As is our usual, we spend a day or so away, and then start talking incessantly about what the kids might be doing, and maybe we should just go get them already. We really can't stand to be away from them for very long. They had a blast with our friends, and we are so thankful to have those we trust keep our kids overnight. What a blessing!

Here are a few more of almost 200 that I took:









Look at the Prince. Who couldn't have romance with him?? I am so thankful for the husband God has given me, and the way he ministers to my heart. I am looking forward to many more special times we will have together in Africa. What a wonderful time to have together before we begin the next chapter of our lives.

Thank you to everyone in our prayer group who gave us the surprise of helping to pay for this trip, watched our kids, or prayed for us to have a wonderful time. You are so appreciated and loved by us. You have no idea what a blessing you are. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!


The Princesses When We Got Home

6 Comments:

  • Missy

    Looks and sounds like heaven!! *sigh* Making me miss my loved one even more...only three more weeks and I'll get him back at least for a little while. I LOVE the pics and idea of decorating with them on the walls. Also check your email...sent pics of littlest one turning 1.

  • Megan (FriedOkra)

    AW. I am so happy you had a great time together. And the pictures? Sheer perfection!

  • Victoria

    You're a great photographer. You two are a great looking couple! So glad you had a wonderful time!

  • Summer in FL

    Looks like such a great time. I'm glad you were able to have this time together. Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures.

  • Brenda

    Wow--I see where the curly hair comes from! It was nice to see you 2 so happy. Prince has longer hair than in the sidebar too. See? You write this wonderful post about romance and flowers and I'm checking out everyone's hair. I'm so off-task.

  • JulieMom

    The Prince's hair has been a source of debate in the castle for quite a while. I would like him to go back to something like the sidebar picture, but he's holding out on me. We'll see what a trip to Africa does for him. :0)

    There may even be facial hair in my future. (On HIS face- not mine.)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin