I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Life In Africa

Couldn't that be the default title every day? Yeah. Pretty much. Wanted to give you all the good news that we found housing that we LOVE!! Now, I need you all to seriously pray that we can stay there for the full two years. The person is trying to sell it, and we only can sign a 6 month lease. So we need to pray that people won't want to buy it, and the owner will just love us so much that we can stay. :0)

So, we will probably be moving in on Tuesday or Wednesday. Right now we are staying with the Radebaughs. They are so sweet, and their daughter is so good to our kids. Even though she is seventeen. She doesn't seem to get annoyed with their endless talking, or begging to play Barbies. Praise God for that!

It is dreary today. Not much sunlight. Which is surprising since this is, after all, Africa! We will go to Bible Club this afternoon, about 3PM. Right now it is 12:37, so I have a bit of time before we leave. Hence, the blogging.

The driving is MUCH improved, and the Prince has even ventured out alone to do several things. I am happy to report that he is fine, as well as the general population here in SA. And thanks for the advice about starting a soulwinning ministry related to our driving, and scare people into Heaven. While we took it under advisement, and thought it may be our only hope, we have since improved, and dismissed the suggestions. You are all so thoughtful. ;0)

Pictures of the new place with be forthcoming. I will do a little 'before' and 'after'. So you can see the amazing difference. You know I have mad decoratin' skillz. Ha! Anyhoona...

Better take off for now. I am sure there is something I could be doing somewhere else. Though I'm not sure what it is. When you're not in your own house, there is never enough to do. And with the dreary day, I am tempted to go back to bed. But then I won't sleep tonight....vicious cycle....

Oh! Please pray too for us to find quality cheap furniture. I know, seems like an oxymoron. But we NEED lots of it. I know God can and will provide.

Talk with ya later!!

8 Comments:

  • WendyMom

    So, are you gonna check off learning South African sign language in 2-3 days too?!? You guys rock-- or should I say, God rocks! He is answering all our prayers- here at home and there too!

    We still miss you dearly, and are praying every day for you. Check out my blog soon for the entry about the new game my kids are playing- you'll get a goo laugh out of it!

    Love ya tons-- Wendy

  • WendyMom

    Um, that would be a "good" laugh out of it-- not a "goo" laugh-- unless of course you drool copiously when you laugh, and it turns to goo!!>>>

    YIKES!
    -Wendy

  • Brenda

    Wendy posted?????? I have to go check that out. I had almost given up.

    Uh, if you have NO furniture then I'm thinking the before and after pictures will be pretty significant. Now see? Why can't the folks on HGTV come do your house? THAT would be a challenge. I'm so tired of seeing someone who has a Christmas room (a whole room for Christmas stuff!!!!!) and is tired of it. The whining!
    We will be praying for your home and furniture situation.

  • Brenda

    I read Wendy's post. So funny. Obviously it's not all that hard to move to Africa!

  • Summer in FL

    Glad to hear from you! Praying about your furniture situation!!

  • Michelle

    Praise God for the house!!!
    ANd SOuth African sign language . . ohhhh]
    do tell!
    Are you calling a truck a "bucky" yet? When your going to do something soon are you saying you'll do it "just now" and have you thanked somebody by saying "buy a donkey" yet?
    Oh the fun of cultural changes!!!

  • Janice

    I miss my Juliemom Dose of the day... Come back soon! Your Blog misses you!

  • Brenda

    I agree--we miss you. Put "update blog" on your list of things to do.


    Because we are THAT important! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin