I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Monday, October 15, 2007

Last Post This Side of the Sun

Hello Faithful Internet Reader Type Persons!!

Hope you're having a good morning. We are slowly recovering from the commissioning service last night. I know I left some of my DNA on the altar. I am just so overwhelmed by the love of our church family, and the things that our Pastors had to say about my husband and his excellent qualifications for ministry. Oh, yes ma'am that blessed my heart!

And the things our Pastor said about us and missionaries in general were just overwhelming to me. What a blessing that was. I cannot say it enough. There were so many people who just showered us with sugar and nice words, and hugs and kisses.

I will never be the same.

And I truly mean that.

God is so awesome to not only forgive our sins, and have a plan to use us to reach others, but to surround us with such a great cloud of witnesses to encourage us and help us, and pray for us. I don't deserve any of the nice things that were said about me last night, because I know myself and my failures (don't say, 'Oh yes you do...' because I don't) and I know I am SO unworthy.

But God continues to want to use me, and I will continue to make myself available to Him for whatever He wants to do. Because it is all about Him after all.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has prayed for us, that has supported us financially, who has been our friend, or ever even thought of us. THANK YOU!

And strangely enough, I was more worried about singing in church last night than I am about THE! MOVE!

Isn't it wonderful that the peace of God that passes all understanding can just work it's way into your heart and slowly, gently, just take over- and before you know it, you're on your way to Africa and it doesn't even bother you.

I love that about Jesus.

So, please pray for us, and don't stop checking the blog. It may be a day or two (or several) before the posting starts again, but be patient. Hilarity ensues!!

Feel free to soothe my tender emotions with well-meaning , thoughtful comments about how much you'll miss me, and how much you love me. Or not. But I love you all.

7 Comments:

  • Mary

    Many many Prayers and Blessings and Goodness and Sugar for your family JulieMom. Can't wait to "hear" from you again. We will be missing you and your old sprinkles at Christmas cookie baking time. XXXOOO
    mamadegeATrochester.rr.com

  • SarahHinds

    hey julie, you did a wonderful job last night singing. I loved it. I wish we would have done it more often. We will have to make sure we do that whenever you visit back home. We are all going to miss you and think of you often. I was wondering if your girls were going to be at that thing tonight, if they are can you let me know. My girls wanted to see them one last time. love you and pfy!

  • Brenda

    Oh! I can't believe it's moving day!!! I'm all nervous for you--but you? You seem at peace.
    I am so proud of your sidebar list of things you have gotten done. I don't know how you managed it. Now tell me, WHY would you leave sorting through the filing cabinet until the last minute? I mean, isn't that how you spend your leisure time????

  • jen

    you will be missed! I'm excited for your adventures in Africa!

    jen

  • Michelle

    I'm starting to get back intot he loop and y ou guys are off!!!
    YOru probably flying now as I read your blog.
    Can't wait to hear about eveything!@!!!
    Blessings on your travel, my it be only good!

  • Janice

    Counting down the minutes... I know you are on the soil of the Dark Continent right now- cannot be more jealous!~ Loving you all from 14k miles away!!!

  • Joni

    Julie, julie, julie....what can I say???!! Maybe I didn't see you as often as I would have liked, but I am definitely going to miss picking up the phone and calling you whenever I need to hear your voice...which is a lot lately. Thank you sooooo much for being such an awesome sister!!! I love you more than words can say and I miss you so much already. You're in God's hands now and I know He is going to use you greatly. Hugs and kisses to Jimmy and the girls!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin