I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Thursday, October 18, 2007

HERE WE ARE!!!

Wow. Where to begin? So much has happened in the last few days, that it feels like it has been at least a week. Time flies, that's for sure! I cannot believe it has only been one day since our plane landed. Wowza!!

So, I guess you want all the gory details of the trip thus far, yes? I hate to disappoint if you're looking for juicy adventure and intrigue. Our trip was flawless. Did you hear that?!? FLAWLESS.

With eleven bags, four carry ons, three children with their own bags, not having an address to put on the customs forms, claiming things we didn't need to claim, and over twenty hours of travel time- it was flawless.

Can I get an amen one time? Thank you. How 'bout one more? Alright now!

The prayers have been answered. The girls slept, played, ate, pottied, and laughed THE ENTIRE TRIP. Not one word of complaint that it was too long, not one complaint that they didn't like the food, not one complaint about the close quarters, nothing!

And we didn't even drug them.

That's right! They were drug free, and the best testimony you will ever see. SO MANY people commented on how good they were. Amazing. We serve a great God. Say amen again people!! AMEN!!

So, we are staying in the cutest apartment right now. It has a bedroom for me and the Prince, a loft area for the girls, one and a half bathrooms, a living room, dining area, kitchen and two balconies with sunny windows. All for $70 US/day. Not bad.

There is very little to share. Tomorrow when I have my cord for the camera I will download some of the photos I've taken. But for now, you will have to be satisfied with the glorious report of the mundaneness of it all. How nice to be mundane.

I have decided that the next two years I will take as my personal challenge to be as happy as humanly possible, to minister as best I can, and to make sure that my kids know that Mommy loves it here. (even when I miss home) That has helped immensely so far. Please keep Cinderella in your prayers. She is the only one so far who has had breakdown after breakdown about the move. But she seems to be getting better.

Today the kids went with me to the Kids' Club at the Deaf church. They were very standoffish at first, except for Sleeping Beauty (which I must admit surprised me greatly). But by the end they were running around in the mud with their new (slightly darker skinned) friends.

It was a beautiful thing.

And I am sure by tomorrow they will all have Afrikaans accents. Trust me. Parrots they are if nothing else. :0) And I am so loving it.

Check back tomorrow (I hope) for more details. Notice the top right corner has a new prayer request list. Thanks so much to those of you who have prayed, and fasted for us. God has heard, and answered in a MIGHTY way. To Him be the glory forever!

11 Comments:

  • Missy

    welhSo happy to hear the trip across went so well. And NO drugs..seriously? WOW! Glad to hear also that you have a cute little place to stay until more permenant housing is found. thanks for input on new prayer list...helps out! ;O) Here's to your next week going even better!

  • Megan (FriedOkra)

    OH THAT IS GREAT NEWS! More please. And pictures! Hurry!

  • Summer in FL

    So glad to hear from you! Continuing to keep you in our prayers. Would love to see pictures when you get a chance!

  • Erin Allen

    SOOOO glad to hear you are there and safe, the time waiting to hear was tough! We love you all and miss you so much already. Now it's not only Nate who won't flip our missionary prayer card. Love you.

  • Wendymom

    YEAH!! YEAH!! yeah (sob)....

    I am SO GLAD TO KNOW YOU'RE OK!!

    My poor computer went on strike this morning-- I think I was asking too much of it, what with the checking of the email and blog every 20 minutes or so since you left!!

    So glad to hear that you already have an apt. and are settling in! I know God has been faithful to answer our prayers here, and yours there.

    We are missing you terribly, but am totally excited to see the AWESOME power of God in your lives and what he will do there through your ministry.

    Sending you all kinds of love and hugs!

  • Victoria

    I clicked on my link to your page thinking that I wouldn't see anything - too soon! I am soooo excited you posted!! Glad to hear everything has gone so well so far. Have been thinking of and praying for you! Thank you so much for the update!

  • Big D

    dude, your in africa! watch out for falling coke bottles.

  • Janice

    Tell Cinderella we love her! Glad all went so good. See how well deputation prepares one for travel... so that's what it must all be about! Will be checking regularly with bated breath!

  • Toma

    Hello Jimmy and family,
    Joy and Gladness! Our God riegns! I'm pleased to read of the blessings you have experienced thus far. Africa recieved a blessing the moment your feet touched the ground. It is amazing that God will use us to accomplish his work. You are a great example to me, and I am honored to know and support you. WOW! what a commendation you received at the commisioning service. Your preparedness really impressed me and others I'm sure. Love you all.

    1Peter 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

  • Toma

    Add something that shows what time it is way over there, my brain can't handle the math, and I only have so many digits! It is hard to type and add or subtract simultaneously.

  • Brenda

    I didn't expect to hear from you so soon!!! Wow! I can't believe how good the girls did on the trip! That sure was a blessing.

    Can't wait to see some pictures. And I'm glad you have a cute apartment.

    How big is the deaf church there?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin