I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Friday, September 07, 2007

Deep Thought Thursday: What A Weariness It Is!!

Mal 1:13 "Ye said also, Behold, what a weariness is it! and ye have snuffed at it, saith the LORD of hosts; and ye brought that which was torn, and the lame, and the sick; thus ye brought an offering: should I accept this of your hand? saith the LORD."

I read this verse this morning, and I felt immediately convicted.

Though this verse is written to the priests who were in the Temple after the restoration, it can apply to any one of us. They brought in things that polluted the Temple, that made the table of the Lord corrupt, and made them not desire to fulfill their duties.

I thought of myself. Of the duties I have to fulfill for the Lord. The duty of submission, of keeping my home, of raising my girls in His nurture and admonition, of edifying the brethren in word and deed...the list goes on.

And I thought of how many times my offering is less than perfect. And how many times, through my own doing, it has become a weariness instead of a blessing. That instead of honoring God as my Father and Master, I have put Him in the category of mere 'person', and treated Him like I would anyone else who asks me to do something I don't want to do.

When my children ask something of me and I snap out a response because I am preoccupied with unimportant things- there's an imperfect offering. When I am frustrated because the Prince doesn't want to follow MY schedule for the day- another spotted lamb I offer.

The Lord is worthy of so much more from me. That I would seek to honor Him in all things He sends me to do. That my offerings would be a sweet-smelling savor, and acceptable to Him. That I would regard every thought, word and action as an offering to the Lord.

Maybe, in doing that, it would be an honor and not a weariness to serve Him.

2 Comments:

  • Victoria

    It's true. The FEW times that I'm actually conscience of the fact that I am doing things in order to serve and honor Christ, things are much more pleasant. Laying up treasures in heaven. I've struggled with that lately. THANK YOU for the reminder!

  • Wendymom

    What a great reminder to do all things as towards the Lord! I always tell my children that if they obey me in action only, but their hearts are hard, then it is not true obedience! How much more the Father expects from us who have His word as our guide. I will pray for you sister-- I too am in the same place.

    Now, I think I'll try to go clean the toy room with a whole new attitude!

    Love You...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin