I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Monday, August 06, 2007

Silliness in the Oral Tradition


No, not Oral Roberts. Though I must admit- that is some silliness. The following are conversations I was either directly involved in, or overheard. Either way, they are funny!

******************************************

Over heard in JC Penney
Old Woman 1: Look! I love that nightgown! I need something feisty like that.
Old Woman 2: Yes! And it has the seaming we need to cover our varicose veins!
(Both giggle like they just put a tack on the teacher's chair.)

******************************************


Actual conversation between me and Sleeping Beauty
Sleeping Beauty: (looking lovingly into my eyes) Mommy?
Me: (Distracted by something else) ...Yes...?
SB: Were cavemen alive when you were a little girl?
Me: (Fully aware now) What?!? How old do you think I am?!?!

(Disclaimer: The Prince and I had a lengthy conversation with her later where we explained that cavemen never existed- God created Adam perfectly and taught him to make fire so he could make sacrifices etc, and that he spoke with God a real language, not 'ooh-ooh aah-aah' junk. We're all good now.)

*****************************************


Me Talking With MY 20 M.O. Nephew
Me: Ok, Say Uncle *Prince...
SuperBubbleBoy: Pee-Pee!!
Me: No, Prince...
SuperBubbleBoy: Pee-Pee!!

(Sister and I erupted into hilarious giggles at this. The Prince? Not so much)

*Not his real name

**************************************

I know, funny, right? Well, I thought they were. You'll laugh later.
Yes, you will.

2 Comments:

  • Overwhelmed!

    Well, these made me laugh, especially the last one. :) Thanks for sharing!

    I'm stopping by to let you know, I’m hosting my second Pay It Forward Book Exchange giveaway. There are 7 other book giveaways linked up thus far in my post too, so there are lots of opportunities to win! Stop by for more details!

  • Megan (FriedOkra)

    Cave men. Kid needed several KINDS of edumacatin' after that question! ;) Oh you will have fun with that one later in life, you will.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin