I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Overwhelmingness Begins

So, today I ordered moving boxes online. For a good price. I highly recommend ULine. Same day shipping, and good quality. Can't beat it.

The next few coming days will be focused on organizing, weeding out things, packing, and probably crying. Honestly. I am excited to be moving and all, but this place is MY HOME. I have lived here for eleven years, grown as a Christian here, met my husband and married here, had ALL THREE of the princesses here, and we 'deputated' from here.

MY WHOLE ADULT LIFE HAS BEEN HERE.

And now I have the difficult task of reducing that life to a few cardboard boxes.

It's a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. Yesterday I spoke with Lucinda, and she gave me a lot of good advice on what to bring, and what they will have in South Africa. So, needless to say: THE SHOPPING BEGINS!!

Please pray for us. We want to be wise stewards with what the Lord has given us, and take only those things we know we will need. At the same time, we know the prices for products from America there are outrageous, so we want to bring Christmas presents, birthday presents, books to be read, etc so we have them and don't have to pay exorbitant prices.

I am actually looking forward to the shopping part. Because I love the challenge of finding a bargain. Oh yes, Ma'am I indeedy-do!

But pray we would find what we need for good prices.

And keep our airline ticket prices in your prayers too, if you would. We will be purchasing them this Friday. So then I will be able to tell you all FOR SURE a departure date.

Are you as excited as I am???

7 Comments:

  • Ruth

    wow.
    sooo beautiful ! God bless you and your mama heart as you begin this grand new adventure. !!!
    i am soo excited for you. my hubby and i have often talked/dreamed/ wondered about a similiar path........

    God knows.

  • jen

    how time flies...even as it drags. I'm thrilled for you that the reality is this much closer.

  • Wendy

    NO!! A RESOUNDING, NONONONO!! I am not excited to be losing my very bestest friend, awesome woman of God, housemate and adorable kids!

    Oh, the crying that will ensue...

    Lest you all think I'm interfering with God's plans, or even complaining about them...I'm not! I have a healthy fear of God, thankyouverymuch! I trust in His plan for all of our lives, and my spiritual side is totally psyched for you to start your journey in Africa. I know you will have an awesome impact for God there.

    It's only my fleshly self that gets a HUGE lump in my throat every time I think about being separated physically from you and your family.

    So... I'll pray for all those things you mentioned, for all of our hearts to be comforted, and for God to bless you through the process.

    But, I can also ask for God to change His mind and call you to serve the deaf right here in Greece, NY...right? Can't I????

  • Summer in FL

    Oh how exciting for you all! We will be praying for the Lord's guidance in your decisions. What an awesome step of faith. May God richly bless you and your family on your journey.

  • Megan (FriedOkra)

    OH YES INDEEDY-DO I AM EXCITED. Are you going to continue blogging when you move?

  • Janice

    I think FriedOkra will not have to worry- If Juliemom stops blogging- she'll BLOW UP!!! We could all have a piece of her like the Berlin Wall!!! Eeeew- that's just a little too yucky!

    Praying for you and the whole Fairytale Family - missing you will be terrible, even though you've been gone most of the last THREE YEARS! ;)We'll be loving you far and wide!

  • JulieMom

    Janice, what do you mean, 'wide'???

    Far is good enough for me. I get it.

    :0)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin