I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Friday, August 10, 2007

Ministry Update a.k.a. Long Time Comin'


Ok, so here's the deal.

This blog is not really about ministry. As you can tell since, well, I don't talk about it. This is a blog that is just for me to be me. (As frightening as that is, I know. Please don't run away.) But I thought that while I have your undivided attention, and while I can feel your curiosity emanating toward me through the interweb waves, I will give you an update on what God is doing.

Because I am all about the glory givin'. Oh, yes indeedy-do!

So, without further ado, 'The Update'.

WE HAVE A GENERAL DEPARTURE DATE!!

I KNOW!

Now, don't get your knickers in a twist.

It will be sometime during the week of October 14th. This year. 2007. As in 65 days from now!! Wowza. And you wanna know the coolest part?

God did all of it. He is so awesome.

So, I will be for the next 63 1/2 days packing, sorting, and organizing all of our belongings so we can MOVE TO AFRICA. WOW!!

I will need your earnest prayers.

Because the flight there is in the range of 16 hours. Or so. Give or take. And I have three children 6 and under. Who are active. Obedient, but active.

When I have my head together a little more, I will be sharing details of all God has done. It's A LOT. So, watch for that post. I may have to do it before I actually get my head together, because that act in and of itself could take YEARS.

Needless to say, please pray now for cheap airfare. We would like airline tickets for less than $733.00 one way per adult. God knows where the cheap flights are, and we would like you to petition Him on our behalf. Thanks Saints!!

And while I'm at it, I thought I would ask for some friendly advice.

Leave me a comment with your ideas on how to keep my kids busy on the airplane. I will take any/all advice. Unless your advice includes sedation and/or duct tape.

Post away!! I will look forward to what you have to say!! God bless you!

*Giddy and giggling*

4 Comments:

  • Megan (FriedOkra)

    Hi Lovey! Mary at Owlhaven asked for similar advice a couple of weeks ago and got some really great ideas. Also I think you'll find more good advice at her Ethopian adoption blog. If you don't read Owlhaven, there's a link to her in my Fried Favorites. Just take a look through her archives - the post wasn't much more than a month ago, if that. :) I'm excited for you and your family!

  • Summer in FL

    Well, I have two girls under the age of two. We've traveled on a plane several times (my hubby is a pilot). Snacks are essential! Also, one of those travel DVD players. I really hated the thought of investing in one of those 'cause my kids don't really watch TV, but there are some really great Christian cartoons out there and your children might accept the long flight better with a treat like a DVD. Sorry, wish I had some better suggestions for you. Just remember that no matter how bad it becomes, you will eventually arrive at your destination. I will be praying for you and your family.

  • Missy

    Just spent 15 hours in the car with our 4 yesterday. So sorry you ruled out the duct tape :o). Anywho, snacks doled out about ever 45 minutes in baggies of exactly the same size and count, your cd collection of Narnia stories works great in dvd player and they have to pay attention and be QUIET to hear the dialog. Killed almost three hours for me. they'd start up, I'd turn it off and begging/pleading would begin (they promised to be nice to one another). And as a final annoiance to those around you (my hubby) to give them some movement and stretching (while in seats) pull out every hand rhyme and nursery song and hymns. We did all make it back in one piece and alive still loving each other. So excited to hear you finally have a date!!

  • Michelle

    Yea Haw on your departure date!!!
    And I know what you mean about the blog not being so much aboutministry. Mine is like that too . . . mom, wife, oh and by the way missionary . . he he he . . .
    We even have a blog FOR the ministry . . but I don't get a whole lot of time to put into that one. So, news letters it mostly is. . . .OH well.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin