I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Friday, July 06, 2007

Ode to NYC

So I have decided that while we are here in the Big Apple, I will be posting about my experiences here. I thought I would start off with a free verse poem about my thoughts on NYC. Please follow the directions below while reading. Later I will be posting some Greek recipes as well, because that is part of my NYC experience. (Seeing as how the Prince is a Greek.) Ok, enjoy the poem!

(To be read with tongue-in-cheek)

New York City!
How I love your corner hot dog vendors!
Their wafts of meaty goodness
Bring pleasure to my nose.

New York City!
How the beauty of your skyline makes me smile!
Your jagged, staggering heights
Work-out my eyes.

New York City!
How the sunset makes memories to savor!
The putrid waters of the East River
Shine like liquid gold.

New York City!
How the noise assaults my ears at every turn!
Your many deaf-inducing sounds
Blow me away.

New York City!
How I’m glad you’re not my homeland!
As I see your crowded streets
And the traffic everywhere, I stop-

And say a million thanks I’m not from here.

0 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin