I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Monday, July 23, 2007

"Believe It or Not I'm Walkin' on Air..."

My Sister and I were having a marathon conversation today in which we spoke of various and sundry topics. Too many things. One of those conversations where you don't really finish what you were talking about to begin with before you're onto something else. Because we interrupt each other. Well, I interrupt her, A LOT.

But she saw a commercial that sparked a memory of a show from the 70's that she apparently, never even saw. Because both of us weren't born yet. I am 30 years old. Remember that, because I will not be mentioning it again. EVER.

Anyway, this show she thought of "Starts with an 'H', I think, and there's this boy, and this thing in a costume, and they have adventures. I think. Well, I never actually saw this show, I just remember it for some reason."

So of course I had to get on the web and see if I could find it.

Because during the course of our discussion, I was naming various and sundry shows I remember as a kid. Like 'The Great Space Coaster', and 'Dragons, Wagons and Wax', and 'Greatest American Hero' (Which the title of this post is derived from the theme song. You know you can hear it in your head, right?) and 'The Electric Company'.

Turns out the show was H.R. Pufnstuf. Which sounds cute, and I do know the theme song, (because my brain is a literal dumping ground for useless information. Which is a whole other post in and of itself) but it looks weird. REALLY WEIRD. Like there may have been a dimly lit foggy room involved in the birth of the concept. If you know what I mean. It being the 70's and all.

The whole point of this post was to give you the website where I found out what it was. This is the COOLEST!! I guarantee before you visit the link, you better clear your calendar. For the rest of the month. Nostalgia ensues. Get a snack.

retrojunk.com

Don't say I didn't warn you.

1 Comments:

  • Wendy

    Yeah, thanks a lot!! For 2 days the theme song to Greatest American Hero has been careening around inside my brain!! It's either an escape mechanism to combat my astronomical fatigue level (If only I was walkin' on air!), or a sign of a melt-down. No wonder I've been irritable!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin