I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Uh-oh: Mama's Sick

Yes, it's true. I have strep throat. Just saying it makes my tonsils ache. But I am on Keflex and should be doing better soon. We'll see about that. I have already noticed my kids taking advantage of this illness. Apparently through osmosis (or some other scientific thing) my sickness affects their ears. All of them are deaf now. At least you would think that because none of them have listened to me one bit. NOT ONE BIT. Which is totally frustrating because my throat hurts way too much to yell at them. Not that I yell, but if I wanted to, I can't. Too bad.

Well, I was just reading the page of information I got from the pharmacist about the medication I am taking to get rid of this illness. I think I won't read it again. It's frightening! There are so many side effects that "could happen but probably won't", such as, having a huge red peeling swollen face, or problems breathing, or severe diarrhea, or becoming a cyclopse. Or losing a leg. Or having all my bank accounts be drained in ten minutes. Or the Great Wall in China could crumble. There seem to be endless risks with this medication. Good thing I don't operate heavy machinery.

I am sure I will end up being fine *twitch*. For now I am content to lie on my makeshift "bed" in the living room and thrash around sweaty in my sleep. There was some definite "wooling around" (as my Nan would say) in this bed last night. I was in a desperate fight with my fever. I know my body was in positions last night that I have NEVER been able to get into while conscious. I awoke this morning sweaty and with my hair looking a little like Don King's. Ok, A LOT like Don King's. Very attractive. I'm just glad Prince Charming was still unconscious. Thank the Lord for small blessings.

1 Comments:

  • Mary

    I was trying to find out the origin of the expression "wooling around" and I found your blog. My mother used to say it when I was growing up in Pennsylvania. It seemed to mean that I was pulling and stretching or messing up something made from fabric.

    Do you know more about it? Thanks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin