I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Sickity Sickness

Yikes! Can a person get bed sores from three days of sickness? Yes, I'll bet they can. Not that I have them, mind you. I just bet a person could get them.

Well, I will tell you that this has definitely been a learning curve for me. I am NEVER sick. Well, at least not sick enough to admit it. But this whole strep infection thing has KNOCKED.ME.FLAT. Whew!

Apparently it's not enough that I feel nauseous all on my very own. Oh, no. The doctor has to give me some medicine *wink, wink* that will clear up the infection, but will make me revert back to the beginning stages of pregnancy. You mothers know what I mean. It seems they have *tested* the strep virus in my neighborhood, and it just got too strong for regular old penicillin.

Is it my fault that penicillin laid around eating bon bons while the strep virus was at Bally's getting buff? IS IT?!? Absolutely not. I hate working out. I did give no such encouragement to the strep virus, or any other living thing.

But this stronger medicine, with a frighteningly long list of side effects I might add, seems primarily to focus on inducing the pukes. Or the diarrhea. Whichever you fear most.

Anyhoona-

I don't know how many of you have forced yourself to lie in a bed for three days while watching your house slowly turn into a dumping ground for the various and sundry, but it's not so easy. However, it's getting easier. I am improving in my ability to Ignore. The. Mess.

But if I don't get out of bed by the weekend, would one of you please come and get me? I don't want to be featured in a special on TLC for the half ton woman. Like the one I watched late last night. While still lying in bed.

For those of you who don't know, my husband is Deaf. He can't hear my sore throat, so I don't think that's what is convincing him I am sick. The fact that I haven't changed my clothes or showered for four days is probably what has done it.

Seriously, I did go to the bathroom today, (no, not while lying in bed. Shame on you for thinking me that lazy.) and I scared myself. So I will not being going in there again. At least not with the light on anyway.

While I do still have nausea, My throat feels MUCH better. I just have to muster up the strength to get out of bed. Later. Maybe. Do you think TLC will pay me when the special comes out?

*This is an actor, not actually JulieMom

0 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin