I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Deep Thought Thursday: Proud and Haughty Scorner is My Name

I have a confession to make. I have not been very nice to be around lately. Especially if your name is Prince Charming. In my weak and pitiful defense, I can claim only the fact that I am being totally feminine at this time this month, and am emotionally out of control.

That being said, the Lord totally smote me in the heart this morning with these verses I read in my quiet time. Oh yes, He revealed the big ugly truth to me. And while it is big and ugly, it is in fact *gulp* true. I wish it weren’t.

Pro 21:9, 19, 24 "It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house." "It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman." "Proud and haughty scorner is his name, who dealeth in proud wrath."

I read these verses and cringed. Have I been a contentious woman? People who know me in real life would be quick to say “You? Contentious?!? Please.” Dear blog reading friend, do not be duped by my nature of sunshine and sweetness here on this blog. The past few days it would seem I have been on course to chase my husband into the wilderness. While I totally understand verse 9, I can’t help but feel bad for Prince Charming. See, we are living in our friend’s missionary apartment in her basement. There is no housetop for him to run to. He has to stay and live with the ugly. And while there are a lot of trees in the back yard....I don’t think they count as a wilderness. Poor Prince. Mean Old Me.

Pro 21:23 "Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles."

Needless to say I will be placing a guard on this mouth to prevent any trouble for myself. Anyone have an extra muzzle lying around? Anyone an oral surgeon who can wire my jaw shut? Well, I suppose I will pray and ask the Lord to help me control that which is not easily subdued: the mouth of a woman being feminine.

But such is life. And while it’s not an excuse, it is indeed a cry for help. If you are a woman, or know a woman, then you know that what I say is true. God help us all to keep our husbands in the house and out of the wilderness.

0 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin