I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Deep Thought Thursday: I'm Glittery Somewhere Way Down Deep Too

I just have to start this post by saying how much I love my Ladies' Prayer Team from my church that uplifts my family to the Lord. Many of them do on a daily basis. That is such a blessing to me, and we have seen SO many ways that God answers our prayers IMMEDIATELY (within the week we have met to pray).

Well, our church is in the process of building a new building. God has done many amazing things, and the leader of my prayer group thought it would be neat if at the next scheduled meeting we met at the new property and prayed for the building too. I COULD NOT WAIT to do this. I was SUPER excited. And I was not disappointed.

God met with me in such an amazing way that night. I was so emotional about the whole thing. He brought to my remembrance the many people who have invested in me and my family since I have lived here, and WOW, it was so good. Also, to be AT THE PLACE where God is doing awesome things, to see it right in front of my eyes was just amazing.

IT WAS A GREAT DAY.

Of course, while I was walking the parking lot and praying, I was looking at the rocks. Mostly to make sure I didn't fall, but also because my girls love rocks. They love to find them anywhere and wash them out in my sink and keep them hidden away inside things. I don't get it, but I don't mind it.

Well, as I was walking along, I was looking for a rock to take home and put somewhere so I could remember every time I saw it, to pray for the new church. Even when we are in Africa. Every once in a great while the parking lot was dotted with little white sparkly stones. But for the most part the stones were gray. And they all looked the same. So I picked up a little white shiny one and thought I was satisfied. Then I found a bigger one. So down the little one went. Sorry little rock.

As I walked, I thought to myself "I only like the sparkly ones." The other ones all looked dirty and dusty, and NOT AT ALL like I wanted to pick them up. But then as I continued to watch my feet, I saw a large gray rock with a chip missing from the top. Don't you know that the inside was a sparkly white rock?

What does this mean?

For me, this is a picture of myself. I started out all dusty and dirty, with no one wanting to pick me up, because I might get them dirty too. But Jesus cared, and He picked me up from the ground. He cleaned me up, and is chipping away at all the gray stuff I have stuck to me. And little by little my sparkle starts to show through.

But I also noticed the white rocks were smaller than many of the gray rocks. That's because when Jesus chips away the gray, He is ridding us of self. So by the time He is through, we can be a little sparkly rock that ONLY reflects His light.

And the sparkly ones are the only ones that caught my eye. BECAUSE THEY WERE DIFFERENT. They looked pretty. I wanted to take one of them home with me and look at it some more.

I pray that I would be a little sparkly rock for Jesus in this dirty gray world.

And would to God that I would welcome the chisel.

0 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin