I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Bloggity Hotness People!!

Today must have been the day that Global Warming made the sun explode. It was HOT here. I don't know where you live, but where I live, this can only be a sign THAT THE END IS NEAR.

Where I live we rarely see the sun. Oh, it makes a few guest appearances in the morning to remind us to eventually get out of bed, but it's not really a well-known celebrity. Just the other day Prince Charming and I had this conversation:
Me (looking hopefully to the sky and grabbing Prince's arm):"Was that the sun?"
Prince Charming (Also looking up and squinting for a better view): "I'm not sure. Haven't seen it in so long...maybe it was just, uh, freak lightning."

Yeah, like THAT happens here either.

But today, oh my sweet Heavens, TODAY the sun was out in all it's sweat-inducing glory. I sweat more fluid from my body today than it would take to flush the toilets of a small industrial nation. Oh yeah. IT.WAS.HOT. And I was so not cool. Temperature-wise I mean. But you knew that about me.

So, I had been praying to the Lord that He would see fit to give us good weather so that there would be no chance our softball game would be rained out tonight. Oh, He came through on THAT, and then some. Oh yeah, I play softball. (which is a whole 'nother post) See, we have missed two games due to rain, and I missed another game because I had strep throat, so I figured I would just ask and see if He would mind if I played tonight. I prayed for no chance of rain. I am sure some people think we may never see rain again. Not me. I'm going to pray for it tomorrow. Because this has got to end!

It's one of those days where I am just so hot and miserable that when someone walks by, I just want to smack them. No reason for it, other than it has to be SOMEONE'S FAULT that I am so hot.

So to relieve some of the pain of the heat, I am offering the following lame jokes I found on the internet related to hot weather. Because I am really miserable and this is as far as I could get trying to make it seem funny. As they say on Iron Chef: Please, enjoy!

Hot Weather Jokes

1. Rumor has it that the new Miami baseball team will be called "Humidity" so that fans in Florida will be able to say, "It's not the Heat that's so bad, it's the Humidity."

2. It's a bit "muggy" in New York today.

Ok, those are the only marginally funny ones I could find.

That's because HOT WEATHER ISN'T FUNNY.

Have you noticed that days like today bring out the inventor in people? You have to admit it. Surely you've thought of things you wish existed to help in this kind of weather. Or maybe you've had days watching your husband outside in the hotness with a friend taking turns sitting in each other's shadows, having wistful conversations like:

My Husband: "You know, I wish someone would invent a body suit with built in air conditioning. I could wear it under my clothes and never be sweaty. Dude, wouldn't that be awesome?"

(switching positions to share the shadow time)

Your Husband (wiping sweat from brow): "Um, yeah, sure. But what I would really like would be something that would know before I did that I was thirsty, and read my mind, and bring me a drink. The exact drink I wanted. Oh, and it would look real robotical and space-agey."

(switching positions again)

My Husband (Shielding eyes from sun): "Yeah, I guess that's cool. I would buy one. And I would wear my air conditioned suit while I waited for my drink. THAT would be awesome. Yeah"

Your Husband: "Yeah."

(Long pause as sun beats down on them and we watch from window and sip lemonade)

My Husband: "So why are we sitting out here again?"

Ok, enough already. It was hot today. Too hot for me. And muggy. How was your weather? What are some ways you beat the heat? Anyone own an air conditioned suit I can borrow?

0 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin