I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Rassel, Frassel, Bloggity Blog, Blog, Blog!!

Ok, the drama begins. Again. This morning, well really it started last night when I felt a little tenderness in my throat. A dryness if you will. But I thought nothing of it. I thought it was a result of being up until 2 AM. Yes, I said it, 2 AM!! (and for no good reason, too, I can assure you)

Anyway, don't you know this morning I woke up UNABLE TO SWALLOW!!! Ouch! I am talking serious sensitivity here, people. Like not just, oh that's a bit uncomfortable...NO I mean my eyes teared up. Bad!! I usually have very strong muscles in my throat, and can (pardon the graphic nature of this) hack up most anything lodged inside; including, but not limited to, small woodland creatures.

Well, this morning, I cannot even swallow! And that's the easiest thing to do: kinda why the throat was created. So, I gargled with warm salt water. Why? Because my Nana always made me do that. Don't you listen to your Nana? She also always made me rub Vick's Vapor Rub, or Solstice (aka Devil Cream) on my chest when I sounded congested. Now that I am a grown woman I have since ceased those practices. (Praise the Lord!) But that is beside the point!

The point is that in less than an hour I have a dentist appointment. And while my sunburn has effectively turned my face into that of a cute little brown summer-like pixie, (except that I'm not really a small-type person) all I can think of is that when I open my mouth, the huge gaping hole that it is, I will reveal this huge swollen tonsil. I am SURE my dentist will mention it. He may even offer to remove it. Wouldn't that be nice?! Dontcha think?

Well, now, I know God has these things ordained and lets me experience new heights in humility because it's good for me, but I am not welcoming this one. I try very hard to make it look like I have flossed every spare moment since my last dental appointment. This swollen tonsil will ruin everything. Maybe it's from swimming yesterday. I did have pool water clogged in one ear for about an hour. Too bad my Papaw doesn't smoke cigars anymore. I would have him blow it in my EAR. Because that helps a SORE THROAT.

Moving on...

ANYWAY, this has effectively made me a bit paranoid for my appointment. I will let you know what he (my dentist) says about the whole thing. My girlfriend who has so graciously allowed my family to live in her missionary apartment in her basement (which is sooo nice by the way) is a registered nurse. So I may assault her for a diagnosis before I go. I better brush and floss first. Because I care about her. And my Nana would be appalled if I didn't.

0 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin