I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Monday, June 18, 2007

Deep Thought Thursday: Beauty for Ashes

WOWEE.

My friend gave me some books a while ago to read because I was having some issues. Yeah, I know, big surprise right? Well, also because someone I care deeply about has issues too, and I needed some help in knowing what to say. Because, as a woman, I think we ALL deal with issues like the ones my dear friend struggles with.

Like feeling worried, anxious, trapped, unloved. Satan loves to bring our past to our remembrance (whether the negative circumstances are our fault or not) and throw it in our face. He tells us we are rejected, unloved, dirty, inadequate, helpless, or shameful. But in his book The Bondage Breaker, Neil T. Anderson reminds us who we are in Christ, and backs his claims with scripture. Just reading them to myself even without looking up the scripture references was SO UPLIFTING. But the references are where the power to fight back comes in.

Let me list some of them here for you:
I am God's child (John 1:12)
I have been justified (Romans 5:1)
I am free forever from condemnation (Romans 8:1,2)
I cannot be separated from the love of God. (Romans 8:35-39)
I am a citizen of Heaven. (Philippians 3:20)
I have not been given a spirit of fear(2 Timothy 1:7)
I can find grace and mercy to help in time of need. (Hebrews 4:16)
I have been established, anointed, and sealed by God. (2 Corinthians 1:21,22)
I am salt of the earth and light to the world (Matthew 5:13, 14)
I have been chosen by God to bear fruit (John 15:16)
I am a temple of God (I Corinthians 3:16)
I am God's workmanship, created for good works (Ephesians 2:10)
I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me! (Philippians 4:13)

So, I encourage you, my dear Sisters in the Lord, if Satan has you bound by fear, and is leading you by the nose with condemning accusations, YOU CAN BE FREE!! If you are truly a born again Christian then you can claim every promise here. There is nothing the Devil, or anyone else for that matter can do or say to you that would make God's promises not apply to one of His children.

I like this quote from fellow blogger Ruth:
"I just love that about God -- His passion to take the ashes our lives have created and create something beautiful. It's not that the ashes aren't still ashes but somehow He is able to give purpose to that which has been so very ugly in our lives."

Ah, so true. We are made from the dust of the ground after all, so having ashes be a part of our lives shouldn't be so surprising. The fact that God cares so deeply about us as individuals, that He would clearly assure us in His Word how much He cares, and what our standing truly is in Christ is phenomenal.

Take some time to reflect. Are you really living free in Christ? Or have you been duped by Satan's lies? Again. Fight back! Memorize these scriptures. Remind Satan of who your Daddy is. And remind yourself. Jesus wants us to have abundant life. It's there for the taking. And don't worry about the scars from your past. Jesus still has His too.

Abba, Father. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin