I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

School, School, School!!!

I LOVED school. LOVED IT!! Always liked the smell of the books, the sound of pencils scratching busily away on COLLEGE RULED notebook paper....school was one of the BEST experiences I have had in my life. Loved every minute of it.
Now we have the girls (aka 'the princesses') and we have decided to home school them. I am so glad! The more we talked about it, I realized it is really my responsibility to train them for future ministry. So we, (Prince Charming and myself) came to the conclusion that we will teach them foreign languages. Yes languages (emphasis on S)plural, as in, more than one.
My husband's family is Greek, he's first generation American, so that's a given. They need to learn that as a heritage/outreach to the in-laws kind of thing. Secondly, Spanish is all over the USA now, and I believe if God ever allowed them to minister here when they grow up, they would be adequately equipped to help their husband in an outreach to Hispanics.
Thirdly...the verdict is still out on this one, but we'd like to add a European language that would be a starting point to pick up others...any suggestions would be helpful. We are up in the air about it. I had one friend suggest Latin...who knows.
Anyway, we ordered the Spanish curriculum today, and I am excited!!! Then I thought about how much Spanish I know (can anyone say 'DORA'?) and went...what?!?!? hence the title of today's blog. But I know with the Lord's strength and grace I can do anything! So, I'm really really going to be holding Him to that whole promise.
Hope you all had a lovely weekend. We were just in a church in PA, and they took us on for support, so our level is 64% now!! Praise God!! Blessing to you all!!

0 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin