I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Monday, December 20, 2004

Deep Thought Thursday: What Would You Do?

Just a question to pique your interest. Wondering what would you do in the following scenario: you have driven to a good friend's house that you haven't seen in a long time, a couple years to be exact. This friend lives about an hour's drive away, and when you get there, your transmission is dead. Totally dead. You knew this was coming, because the mechanic warned you. You just didn't know it was going to happen now. What do you do?

I can tell you what we did! We said "Praise the Lord!" and went about trying to figure out how we were going to get home. Thank God we have AAA and they towed it to our mechanic for free. Whew! That's a blessing!

I love it when we face things like this. At the time it may seem like an inconvenience, but I know the Lord has something really great in store for us. If not a great vehicle, then a great lesson in being content, and trusting Him to provide our needs. He owns the cattle on a thousand hills, so I know a minivan is nothing for Him. I like it when He grows my faith and challenges me. It proves He is at work in my life!

So I ask again, what would you do? Do you have the kind of relationship with God where you depend on Him for your every need, or do you have the kind of relationship where you don't speak in years, and then expect Him to give you what you want, then get mad when you don't get it?

I encourage you to examine what your relationship with God is. He is really waiting for us to put our trust in Him. He loves us and wants to help and be involved in our lives. We just have to let Him. Hope this Christmas season you will think about the biggest sacrifice of all, and the greatest gift ever given. Jesus.

Have a wonderful night and God bless you!

1 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin