I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Opening Day

Well, here it is, my very own blog! What an odd word. A few short weeks ago I had no idea what a blog, or blogger was, and now I have my very own place to rant and vent and try to be entertaining to people I don't even know. Maybe nobody else will ever read this, but it's fun to do! I've always had a desire to write, and now I can any time I want!

I should start with some background about myself. I live in the Western Hemisphere, and have three beautiful daughters ages 3, 2 and 1. Whoa! Yes, you read right, and I am perfectly sane. It's all part of some master plan I have to make myself crazy. **laughing maniacally**

Sorry, got distracted. My husband is Deaf, and we are planning to be missionaries to the deaf in Botswana, Africa. It's a cool place. Not literally, it's actually way hot there. But we are excited about what God will do with the people there, and the work He will do in and through us.

Well, I love my kids with all my heart. Most days. Not today, unfortunately. Yesterday was one of those days that I was so in love with my kids, and we had the best time! We made sugar cookies and decorated them. No wait, I made cookies and decorated them while the girls were sleeping. I pretended we were having fun doing it together, but I just couldn't put up with ANOTHER mess.

Today, however was a day where I really questioned my ability to be civil to them. It was an attitude that was soooo wrong, and yet one I couldn't seem to get over. My oldest was especially toddler-esque today, (something she is not usually like) and it was really irritating. Very persnickety to her sisters.

But, my love transcends behavior, and attitude, and volume levels. It was all better the minute she crawled in my lap and said "Mommy, I love you the bestest." How could I have been so crabby and mean to her! I was ashamed of myself, and knew the Lord was too. But it's days like this that remind me of my humanity and keep me humble. Just in case I ever thought I had attained perfection, or had reached some spiritual peak, there was my human nature staring me back in the face and wagging its ugly head.

There's always tomorrow....

0 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin