I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Ever Notice...?

Ever notice how the kids always seem to make the biggest mess right before company comes over? Or how the kids get along fine until the day before family pictures, then the littlest one bonks the oldest on the nose and leaves a scratch and bruise on her face? And how come the kids are happy until we actually get to the studio? It's like someone sucks the joy out of them and the only thing the baby remembers how to do is furrow her eyebrows. Cute at home, annoying in family photos. We look like the Manson family. Not good when you plan to use them to send to churches!!

Also, did you ever notice how when you need to use a bill sent in the mail to verify your address to someone, you never have one, but when you're tight on money it seems they never stop coming? That's one of my favorite things. Or when you're getting the kids ready for bed, they're all in a good mood, then the middle one comes running from her bedroom and smacks her face into the corner of the sewing machine table and cries for two hours about the pain....ever happened to you? Ever happened all in the same day?

Not to worry I say! The Lord has all those details in control. He knows the beginning from the end and just wants us to have variety in our life. Kind of like letting us test the waters to see how we respond to different situations. I must admit it is hard to keep cool when you thought the day was coming to a sweet, quiet end, and instead have it go out in a flame of screaming tears. Whew! But I can check another day off the calendar! Another day the Lord gave me strength and sanity to perservere through. Another day I can thank Him for life and breath and my salvation if nothing else. Another day that shows His greatness and proves His authority as God. If I were God I would probably blow myself up in frustration. :) That's why He's God and I'm not.

Well, the children are in bed, tucked in, kissed, prayed with, and protected by that same God that allowed the boo-boos. He is the greatest comforter. I can sleep well tonight myself knowing that I am in His care. No better place to be. Hope you have that hope to cling to as well. Good night!

Memory verse this week: Numbers 11:1 "And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD, and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled;" Good to know!!

0 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin