I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Monday, August 04, 2003

Best Triple Layer Chocolate Cake

The centers on all the layers sank a little, but I'm sure that's my fault somehow, not the recipe's. But I just filled in with frosting to make them straight. Yum!

This is hands-down the BEST triple layer chocolate cake I have ever made. It's perfect for decorating, because it's fudgy, and strong, and won't crumble under your frosting. I actually ended up leaving it out on the counter uncovered all night the day before I used it, and it was still moist. It hadn't dried out at all. I highly recommend this for anyone who loves a good chocolate cake. Yum!

Triple Layer Chocolate Cake

3C packed brown sugar
1C butter or margarine-soft (I used margarine)
4 eggs
2t vanilla
2 2/3C all purpose flour
3/4C cocoa
1T baking soda
1/2t salt
1 1/3C sour cream
1 1/3C boiling water

Method:
1. In a bowl cream the brown sugar and butter (or margarine.) Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat on high until light and fluffy.

2. Blend in the vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, and add alternately with the measured sour cream. Mix on low (if your mixer can!) until just combined. Add boiling water and mix on low.

3. Pour into three greased and floured pans. (I always line mine with baking paper on the bottom, and bake the layers one at a time to make sure they get done perfectly.) Bake them for 30-35 minutes at 350F. Cool in the pan ten minutes. Remove to a rack and cool completely before frosting.

I am serious when I say this is awesome cake. I mean, look at the ingredients! You can't go wrong with this much sugar/fat content. While I recommend serving smaller pieces because it's so tall and rich, people may force you to give it up and serve thick slices. It's SO GOOD!

Your waistline will hate me but your taste buds will thank me!

0 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin